Karl Lagerfeld with Eva Herzigova for Dom Perignon
~Tribute to Andy Warhol~
~ History of Champagne by Mary Bellis ~
French monks were the first to bottle a sparkling form of wine called Champagne, named after the Champagne region of France.
The method of making "mousse" (another name for bubbles) in a bottle was invented by the efforts of Frère Jean Oudart (1654 – 1742) and Dom Pierre Pérignon (1639 – 1715), Benedictine monks and cellarmasters at the respective abbeys of Saint-Pierre aux Monts de Châlons and Saint-Pierre d’Hautvillers.
The region of Champagne has a colder and shorter growing season. Champagne grapes had to be picked late in the year, with less time available for fermentation. During fermentation yeasts are used to convert the sugars of the grape juice into alcohol and cold winter temperatures stopped the process. The monks developed a method of making Champagne wine by using a second fermentation process that took place in the bottle during the following spring. The second fermentation created carbon-dioxide bubbles that are the sparkle of Champagne.
Scarlett loves Moët
The Moët & Chandon Sailing Experience
Some Famous Quotes from Famous People:
"In Success you deserve it and in defeat, you need it,"
Winston Churchill understood the true value of Champagne
Winston Churchill understood the true value of Champagne
"Champagne is the only wine that leaves a woman beautiful after drinking it." Madame de Pompadour
"I drink Champagne when I win, to celebrate…
And I drink Champagne when I lose, to console myself."
Napoleon Bonaparte, 18th century French conqueror (1769 - 1873)
And I drink Champagne when I lose, to console myself."
Napoleon Bonaparte, 18th century French conqueror (1769 - 1873)
"Come quickly ! I'm tasting stars!"
Dom Pierre Perignon, French Benedictine Monk, (1638 - 1715) when he first tasted his newly created champagne.
Dom Pierre Perignon, French Benedictine Monk, (1638 - 1715) when he first tasted his newly created champagne.
"He who doesn't risk never gets to drink champagne."
An old Russian proverb.
An old Russian proverb.
"Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right."
Mark Twain, American humorist and novelist (1835 - 1910).
Mark Twain, American humorist and novelist (1835 - 1910).
"I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes, I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it if I am; Otherwise I never touch it - unless I'm thirsty."
Madame Bollinger, one of the "grande dames" of French champagne (1884 - 1977).
Madame Bollinger, one of the "grande dames" of French champagne (1884 - 1977).
"Champagne is the only wine that enhances a woman's beauty."
Madame Pompadour, mistress of King Louis XV. (1721 - 1764).
Madame Pompadour, mistress of King Louis XV. (1721 - 1764).
"Gentlemen, in the little moment that remains to us between the crisis and the catastrophe, we may as well drink a glass of Champagne."
Paul Claudel, French playwright (1868 - 1955).
Paul Claudel, French playwright (1868 - 1955).
"Champagne is the one thing that gives me zest when I feel tired."
Brigitte Bardot, French actress Said 6 months after her 60th birthday.
Brigitte Bardot, French actress Said 6 months after her 60th birthday.
"There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne."
Bette Davis, American actress ( 1908 - 1989) in the film Old Acquaintance.
Bette Davis, American actress ( 1908 - 1989) in the film Old Acquaintance.
"If the aunt of the vicar has never touched liquor, watch out when she finds the champagne."
Rudyard Kipling, British author (1865 - 1936).
Rudyard Kipling, British author (1865 - 1936).
{Champagne} "...it gives you the impression that every day is Sunday."
Marlena Dietrich German actress (1901 - 1992).
Marlena Dietrich German actress (1901 - 1992).
"Champagne with its foaming whirls/As white as Cleopatra's pearls."
BYRON from Don Juan:
BYRON from Don Juan:
"Not only does one drink Champagne, but one inhales it, one looks at it, one swallows it ...And one drinks it."
A paraphrase of a saying by KING EDWARD VII.
A paraphrase of a saying by KING EDWARD VII.
"So we came to the Ritz hotel and the Ritz Hotel was divine. Because when a girl can sit in a delightful bar and have delicious champagne cocktails and look at all the important French people in Paris, I think it is divine."
Anita Loos, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
Anita Loos, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
"Maybe I misjudged Stromberg. Any man who drinks Dom Perignon ´52 can´t be all bad."
James Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me (1977).
James Bond, The Spy Who Loved Me (1977).
"I love waking up in the morning not knowing what I'm gonna do or who I'm gonna meet. Just yesterday I was sleeping under a bridge, and today I'm on the grandest liner in the world drinking champagne with you fine people. I'll have some more please."
Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson, Titanic (1998).
Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson, Titanic (1998).
"Drinking Champagne after making love is like taking a bath in chilled pearls."
Anistatia R Miller, author of Champagne Cocktails
Anistatia R Miller, author of Champagne Cocktails
"One glass of champagne and I smile,
Two and I grin,
But three I'm ever so ready to sin."
Anistatia R Miller, author of Champagne Cocktails
Two and I grin,
But three I'm ever so ready to sin."
Anistatia R Miller, author of Champagne Cocktails
"There is nothing more beautiful than a sunset, viewed over a glass of chilled champagne."
Jared M. Brown, author of Champagne Cocktails
Jared M. Brown, author of Champagne Cocktails
"She fits that dress like a cork fits a Champagne bottle."
Jared M. Brown, author of Champagne Cocktails
Jared M. Brown, author of Champagne Cocktails
"There's no such thing as a waste of Champagne. Champagne is the ultimate luxury. It's made for excess."
Jared M. Brown, author of Champagne Cocktails
Jared M. Brown, author of Champagne Cocktails
"Why do I drink Champagne for breakfast? Doesn't everyone?"
Noel Coward
Noel Coward
"But Champagne is not drinking." David Niven: When asked why he was drinking
"Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right." Mark Twain
"One holds a bottle of red wine by the neck, a woman by the waist, and a bottle of Champagne by the derriere." Unknown
"I don't think I've ever drunk Champagne before breakfast before. With breakfast on several occasions, but never before before."
George Peppard, Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1961
George Peppard, Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1961
"Champagne, King of Wines and Wine of Kings." Prince Orlofsky
"Champagne is the one thing that gives me zest when I am tired." Brigitte Bardot
"There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of Champagne." Betty Davis, Old Acquaintance
"My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That's just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs!" James Bond; Played By Sean Connery In the 1964 Film: Goldfinger
"Champagne makes you feel like it's Sunday and better days are just around the corner." Marlene Dietrich
"A woman should never be seen eating or drinking, unless it be lobster salad and Champagne, the only true feminine and becoming viands."
Lord Byron, September 25, 1812
Lord Byron, September 25, 1812
"If life brings you troubles, drink some Champagne, then your problems will just become bubbles..." Unknown
"If you have a problem getting the cork out...drink Champagne." Unknown
Quotes from Champagnesabering.com
~ Armand de Briganc ~
The Armand de Briganc produced by Armand de Brignac Champagne of Reims, France is developed by the Cattier family which have a history and reputation of producing exquisite Champagne. The champagne house has added two new champagnes to its flagship cuvee, the Brut Gold. It features the Armand de Brignac Rose that has a pewter gold pink ace of spades engraved on the front. The second one is the Armand de Brignac Blanc de blancs comes in a historic silver bottle with matching ace of spades. The notes included are 33% each of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Menuier. With the hip-hop scene and Jay-Z endorsing this bubbly, it has gained considerable popularity.


















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your lovely comment.
xoxo